QA Tester / Test Analyst
Published: 25th April 2021 Closing Date: 20th May 2021 Location: Edinburgh / Scotland Central Belt
We’re looking for a QA Tester to join our growing team at Legado.
We’re a rapidly growing company in the UK for personal planning, looking to revolutionise the way in which people organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories. This is a multifaceted and highly dynamic role where you will carry out a variety of different tasks. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - building a meaningful product that will really help end-users at all stages of life.
In The Role You Will
- Execute manual and write automated tests, and identify actionable bugs quickly in close coordination with development team
- Planning/organising necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, help triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status.
- Work with different teams (Engineering/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the QA coverage, and provide feedback on quality issues.
- Maintain SLAs on tasks and ensure that timelines are adhered to
- Create and support test dashboards/reports.
- Strong testing skills, ideally including automated testing
- Good understanding of VMware and other virtualisation technologies
- Broad range of skills, including: Microsoft Azure, SQL Server and Windows Pro
- Experience creating and maintaining test environments
- Previous experience in a Windows environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- An enthusiastic interest in providing the best user experience
- Ambition and excitement about joining a fast-moving tech startup, and specifically Legado’s products, mission and approach.
- Working with integrations to organisations to enhance the functionality within the product.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in software testing in banking, financial services or technology.
- Microsoft certifications
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous employee equity participation scheme
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work life balance - we’re a small team and understand sometimes you need a day off here and there.
- Collect extra time off: Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of service
- Hot Day! - Extra day off when the temperature hits 22 celsius or above in the UK !
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths, whilst joining a super exciting, high-growth technology start-up
At Legado, we’re transforming the way in which life organisation and legacy planning takes place for individuals and families.
Our leading digital experience has tools for education, planning and collaboration, making it easier than ever to ensure your affairs are in order, should anything happen to you. We help users to securely and easily organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories.
Working with some of the world’s largest organisations, we are using our technology to reimagine the way customer’s life’s can be made easier. We are a customer-led business, creating a tool that generates tangible value for all.
Legado was founded in 2018 by a group of entrepreneurs and former business executives with a passion for helping people and a proven track record of creating successful online communities and digital ventures.
The company has received significant backing from the Prudential and FNZ.
We are a new team with a passion for our company’s purpose and deep experience in our fields. Imagine working in a world of rapid change, where open minded, ambitious, curious, creative and resourceful people exist.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Want to learn more about Legado and our product? -
If you are interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and we'll be in touch.