.Net Web Developer (.NET MVC, HTML, CSS)
Published: 5th February 2021 Closing Date: 1st April 2021 Location: UK based / Remote
We’re looking for a .Net Web Developer to join our growing team at Legado.
We’re a rapidly growing company in the UK for personal planning, looking to revolutionise the way in which people organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories. This is a multifaceted and highly dynamic role where you will carry out a variety of different tasks. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - building a meaningful product that will really help end-users at all stages of life.
In The Role You Will
- Work alongside the Lead Developer to create quality features for our users and corporate clients
- Propose and implement changes to our processes and systems to optimise our customer experience
- Be a key member of a caring and honest team in our friendly and collaborative work environment
- Identify the best technical solutions for business requirements, balancing good value with low technical debt
- Work from requirements in the form of Agile Stories and Acceptance Criteria and collaborate with the Business Analyst to maximise understanding
- Work extensively within the Microsoft Azure Devops environment
- Deliver to challenging timescales in fortnightly iterations
- Keep up to date with software engineering practices and influence the on-going technical ways of working
- Create unit tests and be an advocate for test-driven development and automated testing.
- Ability to take individual ownership of user story development and bug fixes as well as writing and running unit and system tests.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile engineering practices.
- A start-up mindset – flexibility, creativity and value-for-money
- Experience of:
- C# , .Net, .Net Core, ASP.Net MVC
- Integrated systems using REST services and message queues
- SQL Relational Databases
- Unit testing
- A clear understanding of reactive, functional and object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Task management and organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks is critical to taking care of all the key stakeholders in Legado, and, most importantly, our customers
- Ability to see how changes may impact the future product
- The ability to quickly master internal tools. Changing ways of working quickly and regularly won’t faze you.
- A sense of ownership of problems that arise. You don’t hesitate to jump in, roll your sleeves up and fix things.
- An enthusiastic interest in providing the best user experience
- Ambition and excitement about joining a fast-moving tech startup, and specifically Legado’s products, mission and approach.
- Working with integrations to organisations to enhance the functionality within the product.
Nice to Haves:
- A talent for graphics and visual flair
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Awareness of Cryptography principles.
- Experience in software development in banking, financial services or technology.
- Scripting builds (Powershell, Cake, Gulp.js, Webpack)
- Any experience with Umbraco
- Microsoft certifications
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous employee equity participation scheme
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work life balance - we’re a small team and understand sometimes you need a day off here and there.
- Collect extra time off: Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of service
- Hot Day! - Extra day off when the temperature hits 22 celsius or above in the UK !
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths, whilst joining a super exciting, high-growth technology start-up
At Legado, we’re transforming the way in which life organisation and legacy planning takes place for individuals and families.
Our leading digital experience has tools for education, planning and collaboration, making it easier than ever to ensure your affairs are in order, should anything happen to you. We help users to securely and easily organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories.
Working with some of the world’s largest organisations, we are using our technology to reimagine the way customer’s life’s can be made easier. We are a customer-led business, creating a tool that generates tangible value for all.
Legado was founded in 2018 by a group of entrepreneurs and former business executives with a passion for helping people and a proven track record of creating successful online communities and digital ventures.
The company has received significant backing from the Prudential and FNZ.
We are a new team with a passion for our company’s purpose and deep experience in our fields. Imagine working in a world of rapid change, where open minded, ambitious, curious, creative and resourceful people exist.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Want to learn more about Legado and our product? -
If you are interested please email us at email@example.com with your CV and we'll be in touch.