Junior QA Software Tester
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid working, Tuesday and Thursday required in office)
Legado is a B2B company, existing to help customers get everything important organised once and for all – annual statements, wills, life insurance policies, pension statements, pet information, funeral plans and so much more, and shared with those who matter most.
We’re looking for a Junior QA Software Tester to join our growing team at Legado. The ideal applicant will be someone who can help develop the testing process and strategy, solve problems, and drive development quality.
In The Role You Will
- Explore and understand the application under test and its context
- Identify issues and risks within the application
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Work extensively within the Microsoft Azure Devops
- Participate in daily team stand-ups, sprint planning and ensure the team stick to Agile principles
- Support our Senior QA Tester and the wider Legado staff
- A desire to investigate system requirements and problem-solve any “defects / bugs”, and to see tasks through to completion, sometimes to short notice.
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- The ability to work with other members of the Software Development Team to learn how to help scope out requirements and identify processes with a methodical approach.
- Ability to provide administrative support to the Team (i.e. meeting minutes, monthly reports, permissions/security matrix and User Guides)
- Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality software.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
Nice to Haves
- Minimum 1 year testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Cross browser / Mobile testing experience.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience in basic SQL queries.
What we offer in return:
- Salary up to £24,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- 32 days of annual leave (which includes public holidays)
- Work life balance - we’re a small team and understand sometimes you need a day off here and there and may require flexibility in your work schedule.
- Collect extra time off: Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of service.
- Birthday Day - day off on your birthday
- Hybrid working (we work Tuesday's and Thursday's in the office, you can choose the rest of the time!)
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths, whilst joining a super exciting, high-growth technology start-up.
At Legado, we’re transforming the way in which life organisation and legacy planning takes place for individuals and families.
Our leading digital experience has tools for education, planning and collaboration, making it easier than ever to ensure your affairs are in order, should anything happen to you.
We help users to securely and easily organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories.
Working with some of the world’s largest organisations, we are using our technology to reimagine the way customer’s life’s can be made easier. We are a customer-led business, creating a tool that generates tangible value for all.
Legado was founded in 2018 by a group of entrepreneurs and former business executives with a passion for helping people and a proven track record of creating successful online communities and digital ventures.
The company has received significant backing from M&G and FNZ.
We are a new team with a passion for our company’s purpose and deep experience in our fields. Imagine working in a world of rapid change, where open minded, ambitions, curious, creative and resourceful people exist.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Want to learn more about Legado and our product?
Watch our animated explainers: https://joinlegado.com/faqs/about-legado/our-animated-explainers/
Check out our media center: https://joinlegado.com/media-centre/
If you are interested please email us at email@example.com with your CV and we'll be in touch.