Published: 5th February 2021 Closing Date: 1st April 2021 Location: UK based / Remote
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our growing team at Legado.
We’re a rapidly growing company in the UK for personal planning, looking to revolutionise the way in which people organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories. This is a multifaceted and highly dynamic role where you will carry out a variety of different tasks. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - building a meaningful product that will really help end-users at all stages of life.
In The Role You Will
- Work alongside the Legado leadership team, technical teams and our external development and technology partners to analyse existing and future business processes, business models and the application of technology.
- Propose and implement changes to our processes and systems to optimise our customer experience.
- Be a key member of a caring and honest team in our friendly and collaborative work environment.
- Perform in depth analysis using appropriate tools and techniques to help further refine the understanding of the business requirements
- Document requirements in the form of Agile Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Work extensively within the Microsoft Azure Devops environment and bridge the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders
- Using more formal analysis techniques such as UML use cases and activity diagrams and perform business process modeling; create functional designs, sequence diagrams, process flows, business rules catalogs, and product backlog items to agree on detailed requirements with client product owners and clearly communicate what needs to be developed and tested to the feature teams.
- Manage the Product Backlog
- Run workshops to elicit requirements and understand the business needs
- Keep up to date with analysis techniques and methodologies and influence the on-going business analysis ways of working
- Participate in application testing; create test strategies and conduct regular QA to ensure application continues to meet high integrity standards
Must Haves – Tech Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks is critical to taking care of all the key stakeholders in Legado, and, most importantly, our customers
- Ability to analyse complex requirements and see past the surface request
- Ability to see how changes may impact the future product
- The ability to quickly master internal tools. Changing ways of working quickly and regularly won’t faze you.
- A sense of ownership of problems that arise. You don’t hesitate to jump in, roll your sleeves up and fix things.
- Test and manage issues from development to production including working with external dev partners and third part integrations.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, with demonstrated exposure to working closely with technical and product (UX) teams to further application development (ideally with end-to-end delivery, the full breadth of the software development lifecycle)
- Deep understanding of analysis deliverables such as process maps, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- An enthusiastic interest in providing the best user experience when detailing requirements
- An interest in, and capability of, developing the future team. You want to be involved in hiring and training new colleagues, and have ideas about what that should look like.
- Ambition and excitement about joining a fast-moving tech startup, and specifically Legado’s products, mission and approach.
- Working with integrations to organisations to enhance the functionality within the product.
- Above all, you care about customers. You’re motivated by helping people and businesses, and will make sure customers’ voices are fed back to the rest of the business.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Project Management
- Google Analytics knowledge
- Content Management Systems, eg Umbraco
- Knowledge of Persona creation
- Knowledge of Incident Management
- Mailchimp experience
- Establishing and implementing mechanisms to measure and deliver benefits
- The ability to understand business change needs, and can assess the business impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements
- Track record for utilising one or more structured techniques for solution design such as Design Thinking, UML or BPMN
- Can demonstrate an understanding of and practical experience with either an Agile or Waterfall delivery
- Experience in delivering change in banking, financial services or technology.
What we offer in return:
💰 Competitive salary and generous employee equity participation scheme
- 🏖️ 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
🏡💻 Work life balance - we’re a small team and understand sometimes you need a day off here and there.
- 📅 Collect extra time off: Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of service
- ☀️ Hot Day! - Extra day off when the temperature hits 22 celsius or above in the UK !
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths, whilst joining a super exciting, high-growth technology start-up
At Legado, we’re transforming the way in which life organisation and legacy planning takes place for individuals and families.
Our leading digital experience has tools for education, planning and collaboration, making it easier than ever to ensure your affairs are in order, should anything happen to you. We help users to securely and easily organise, store and share their most important documents, files, wishes and memories.
Working with some of the world’s largest organisations, we are using our technology to reimagine the way customer’s life’s can be made easier. We are a customer-led business, creating a tool that generates tangible value for all.
Legado was founded in 2018 by a group of entrepreneurs and former business executives with a passion for helping people and a proven track record of creating successful online communities and digital ventures.
The company has received significant backing from the Prudential and FNZ.
We are a new team with a passion for our company’s purpose and deep experience in our fields. Imagine working in a world of rapid change, where open minded, ambitions, curious, creative and resourceful people exist.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Want to learn more about Legado and our product? -
Watch our animated explainers
If you are interested please email us at email@example.com with your CV and we'll be in contact.