Marketing and Community Manager
At a certain point in our lives, we will likely feel overwhelmed by information. We get bank statements, phone bills, council tax bills, pension statements, credit card statements, phone bills, wills, life insurance, home insurance, car insurance, pet health insurance, and there is no central place to store all of these documents. Then, when we want to do something big - when we are buying a house, changing a will, getting married, switching jobs - we need to get a seemingly random set of documents together, put them in some sort of order, and share them - with banks, business partners, love partners, solicitors, or employers. Gathering and sending these documents can be a organisational pain, and if our application is rejected or we hear back that they just need “one more document”, it can be head-meets-wall frustrating.
In other words, life is complicated.
We want to make it simpler.
Legado exists to help people prepare for big life moments - to collect all of the information that you have that is floating around and put it in one easy-to-access, completely organised place, with as little work on your part as possible. We then wrap bank-grade security around it - imagine suddenly having a Swiss bank vault for your documents. Then, when you actually need it, we make it incredibly easy to share it with anyone who has an email address, so that you can take the time you would have spent trying to remember your pension account password from the employer you had three years ago just to get the last 24 months of statements for a financial advisor and…well, do whatever you want with that time.
And now, we’re looking for a Marketing and Community Manager to join our growing team - not just to let people know about our products but to help us understand the market better.
It's an exciting time at Legado.
As a seed-stage start-up, we are constantly refining our product-market fit. Your role is to find and develop our acquisition channels, to get the word out about our platform, and to make sure our brand image is reflected well on our communication channels. Finally your role is also to grow and nurture the community so our members become the first assets to attract new ones (as well as building an amazing culture and place to work!).
As the lead of our marketing operations, you’ll be working closely with the CEO to design and execute organic marketing campaigns to drive growth for the business and build the place where the world meets to plan for the future and get their affairs in order.
You should be eager to learn, to grow, to take on new challenges, because right now it seems like every day we are inventing new, ludicrously exciting challenges to take on. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - marketing a meaningful product that will really help end-users at all stages of life.
The things you will do:
- Develop and execute integrated inbound and outbound marketing programs that drive engagement within our target audiences resulting in a high volume of high-quality leads - including webinars, email marketing, organic media, etc.
- Social media management: you will utilise Loomly, a social media scheduling platform, to make sure our social channels have engaging content, helping to create awareness of our platform and drive inbound leads.
- You will Develop a deep understanding of our user base and services in order to tailor campaigns to the right audiences.
- Participate in content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc. This includes planning, creating, editing and publishing content that delights customers and meets customer and business objectives.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs and strategies.
- Research and monitor trends/news to inform the content agenda, keep up to date and flag up relevant conversation where we might want to get involved.
- Lead creative with our designer and come up with ideas as part of wider campaign strategy.
- Coordinate events, conferences and activities and devise plans to maximise effectiveness.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives and work closely with our PR agency to ensure internal company wins are getting the external attention is deserves.
- Community building to help ensure we are building an amazing experience for our users and B2B partners Plan, create, edit and publish content that delights customers and meets customer and business objectives.
- Culture coordination, helping to put together our culture deck, arranging team outings and creating an amazing place to work.
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to ensure brand consistency and stay updated on new products and features.
- Build a community of brand advocates.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner. This will include working outside core hours from time to time.
Qualities we are looking for:
Below, we have listed several responsibilities and experience guidelines, but do not consider these as set in stone—passion and enthusiasm for learning are what we value most.
- We are looking for someone who has experience with inbound and outbound strategies and who has a real eye for design.
- We are looking for someone with 2+ years of hands-on experience in digital marketing to grow with us.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification/certification in marketing, public relations, communications, or related.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative skills, content production, copywriting and problem solving.
- Attention to detail (especially when it comes to social media posts).
- Ability to multitask and be organised.
- You have a track record to show in a similar setting (start-up land, e-commerce, online media, B2B startup) but you remain very hands-on and you’re not afraid of implementing unscalable hacks on your own or setting up tracking and automation tools.
- We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, bright mind to join our team as we change the way personal planning takes place in the UK.
- A passion for change, love working in a collaborative environment, and the desire to have a huge impact.
- A self-starter and a quick learner who can work independently, is motivated and passionate about bringing people together and providing best customer experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and generous employee equity participation scheme.
- 32 days of annual leave (which includes public holidays).
- Work life balance - we’re a small team and understand sometimes you need a day off here and there.
- Collect extra time off: Gain an extra day of holiday for every year of service.
- Hot Day! - Extra day off when the temperature hits 22 celsius or above at our Edinburgh headquarters!
- Office kombucha, cookies, biscotti, muffins, and other baked goods, provided by our Product team (as time and his child-care duties allow).
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths, whilst joining a super exciting, high-growth technology start-up
- An amazing experience. We work hard. We are focused. We are constantly improving - individually, as a team, and as a company. You will learn. You will grow. You will have opportunities that will astound you. Your skills, abilities, and network will grow exponentially. You will get the chance to try on different hats and determine if you want your career to take a new direction. If we IPO, you get to be a part of that. If we burn through all of our cash and implode at the end of our runway, you will rise out of the ashes as a phoenix - a gorgeous, highly-skilled phoenix, with a portfolio that your peers can only dream of.
Want to learn more about Legado and our product?
If you think you might want to join our band of brothers and a sister, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude can be just as important as experience, and we love a good talk! Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and we'll be in touch.